Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

(Red Velvet Cupcakes for my beloved co-workers...)
Happy Valentine's Day!

It's so easy to dwell on the superficial version of Valentine's Day. I've seen countless Facebook statuses today saying "Valentine's Day should really be called Single Awareness Day..." or something of the like. I almost let myself get in that funk, but then I didn't... because I had a great Valentine's Day. I woke up to a nice note from my parents. I was surrounded by my co-workers that even though no one would ever say it out loud, we really do care about each other. I got a call from my brother Kyle on the way home, just to tell me he loved me. I came home from work, put on a pair of sweatpants, and made dinner. (Try-It Tuesday! More on that tomorrow...) I had a lovely meal with my parents and Kyle ended up coming over, too. My dad ran out and picked up ice cream for us and I watched the most recent episode of Downton Abbey with my mom.

Not your typical Valentine's Day... but I'm thankful. For sure.
(My special Valentine's Day card right by the Keurig where they knew I'd see it.)

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

You had a super Valentine's Day! Glad you shared that with us. You are blessed. Love you and, Happy Valentine's Day!

Jessie said...

Yours sounds much more lovely than mine. Downton Abbey...oh my gosh!