Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Try-It Tuesdays: Chicken Satay Stir-Fry

So, today's Try-It Tuesday is not actually the first time I've tried this recipe. It may be... the fifth. BUT my brother Kyle was having his new lady friend over to meet the family and I wasn't about to have another Southwest Chicken and Corn Chowder incident (yuck) on my hands. So I went with a tried and true recipe that has always guaranteed me success.

It's a Rachael Ray recipe that my friend Corrie made for me a few years ago. I tracked the recipe down and have made it a few times, and it's great. It's long, fancy name is Chicken Satay Stir-Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice. The rice is delicious (although my dad always says he'd prefer it not have orange in it, but what does he know... (kidding, Daddy!)) The chicken and vegetables are tasty and fresh. And the peanut sauce is to die for (unfortunately it's also the least healthy part of this meal...) Thankfully the recipe was a hit yet again, and I think Kyle's lady friend (I don't know what their "status" is yet, because he freaks out any time you ask, so I'm referring to her as that) thought it was decent enough.

I also made a red velvet cake because Kyle said she liked anything with cream cheese frosting. I cheated with the cake and just made a box mix but I went with Joy the Baker's cream cheese frosting recipe, here. Overall: a successful night. Hopefully the lady friend would agree. (PS My mom did try out a new recipe last night and it was amaaaazing. Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili. Check it out!)
Dessert, before.
Dessert, after.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

This post made laugh...trying to picture Kyle's lady friend and their status.
I love reading your blog..I love all my niece and nephews bog spots.