Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Southwest Chicken and Corn Chowder

Well, folks... Try-It Tuesday is back after a one week hiatus but I must say, after tonight's recipe, it should have taken this week off, too... It was bad. This is the week that I fess up and tell you: "So, I tried this recipe... and it sucked." Because it did. It sucked.

The above picture looks amazing right? Who can find that on Pinterest, see that it's Southern Chicken and Corn Chowder soup, and not try the recipe? Not I... the lover of soup. I had to try it. It started off well. There was a yummy pot of olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, garlic abrewin'. It smelled delicious! And then somewhere between that and the end result, something went wrong, very wrong. Because it was not good. Ok, so, I may have added too much water... (It's not completely my fault, I'm a baker, so exact measurements are a must, and they didn't give me one for the water.) Also, the recipe called for "frozen creamed corn, thawed," and well, we couldn't find frozen creamed corn, and you're going to thaw it anyway, so why not just get canned cream corn? ... Maybe it was my alterations. Maybe it was the recipe. Who knows where that dreaded finger should be pointed... but it was not good. Don't try it. This is not a Try-It Tuesday worth repeating...

(Ok, but if you do see the picture above and get the urge to try it anyway... let me know how it goes. Because I really do want this recipe to be delicious, I just won't be trying it again myself.)

No comments: