Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scarves remain.

I've been a selfish blogger lately. Just blogging about my self. That's dumb. I'm sorry. Let's get back to the heart of this blog: writing about the beautiful things of the world. (Or at least the things that I think are beautiful. Ok, I suppose that brings things back to selfish ol' me, but I didn't mean to...)



ANYWAY, as many of you know... I love scarves. I learned how to knit in high school right around when scarves were becoming trendy (at least I thought they were trendy) and have been overusing the look since then. I dread the day that they go out of style. Sure, I could still wear them. But I don't want to be that person... wearing things that were once cool but no longer are cool (I'm talking to you "guy who wears his pants half way down his legs." Sagging isn't cool anymore...) Anyway, every year, I keep an eye out for the fashion magazines and TV shows to see if my beloved security blanket of an accessory is still around. This year I was especially worried... I saw a few in some stores here and there but thought, "This may be it. It may be time for us to part."


But guess what! They're still in! At least accordingly to some reliable sources (Gap, Pinterest.... I suppose their reliability/credibility depends on who you ask. But they're ok by me.) This morning I woke up to see an e-mail in my inbox with the above picture. And a few weeks ago I saw a cute look on Pinterest that included a similar look (below). So, I've been knitting up a storm making circular scarf after circular scarf (aka cowl aka the type of scarf that seems to be "in" this year) and I'm excited that the fashion world agrees with me. Just thought I'd blog (again) about something I think is great: scarves. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Momma said...

Thanks Ab for the wonderful scarf that you made for me. You will keep me in style because otherwise I'm hopeless.

Valeria said...

OH I love both those pictures, especially the bottom one. Mmmm I'm going on a hunt for a cowl neck scarf now...thanks! :)