Monday, October 24, 2011

Octravelfast: Oklahoma City

(That's legit...)
This weekend completed the final installment of Octravelfest. I went and visited my cousins Julie and Anthony in Oklahoma City (actually a suburb called Bethany) and it was the perfect way to end my month of travel. They moved there this summer because Anthony got a job as a resident director and while I'm glad they are experiencing something new, I have missed them dearly and was so pumped to go visit this weekend. We had a great time! We laughed a lot. Talked a lot. Played a lot. Laughed a lot. Ate a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean a LOT.) Drove around and saw a lot. Baked a lot. Sang a lot. Danced a lot. And did I mention we laughed a lot? It was just a great, great time. There are some pictures of the weekend below...
(Sunset over the Flint Hills. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Kansas sunsets are the BEST. And yes, I know, I shouldn't have been driving and taking a picture...)
(Two of my favorite people: Julie and Anthony at Cuppies and Joe (more to come on that later...))
(Iced coffee and games... aka heaven.)
(Julie exposed me to Pioneer Woman's recipe for apple dumplings and it was amazing!)
(We finished the weekend with the Andrew Belle/Ben Rector concert. Yes, I realize the sign is for a different band, but I swear we saw Andrew Belle and Ben Rector.)

A few weeks ago I mentioned I was in kind of a funk. Well, we're all friends here so I'll just be honest with you: it was because of a boy. I had to end a relationship before it started because I knew it just wouldn't work out even though I really cared about the guy. I've never been the girl who becomes all insecure over a boy, but this experience, it kind of did it to me. The reason I'm telling you all of my junk is because this month of visiting all of these people that I love, it just happened out of the blue. I didn't plan it this way, it just happened (some would call it a "God thing," I would be one of those people...) Anyway, it couldn't have come at a better time. I was surrounded by people I love and people that love me (Joel in Austin, Dana and Marc in Sublette, my college friends in Columbia, and Julie and Anthony in OKC), and I feel like I'm back to my old self again. I'm just pretty thankful for the restorative month that I've had and the people in my life and the One who planned it all.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm glad you are back but also that you had a restorative month. Next time you go to OKC, maybe we can go together b/c I have a friend there.

Aunt Georgie said...

I love you, Abby!