Friday, October 7, 2011

Austin.

As I mentioned before, I went to Austin last weekend to visit my brother Joel. He recently moved down there to go to law school (he won't pull the law school card because he can't brag on himself, but I can, he's awesome) so my brother Cory, my cousin Brad and I went for a visit.

I love Kansas City, right? But Austin, it's now officially my second favorite city to home. It's actually smaller than Kansas City, so it didn't feel too big, but it still had the big city feel. I loved that it had lakes and rivers everywhere so the water seemed to be a big component of the city. It has a great skyline. Good restaurants. Fun stores. And just an awesome atmosphere. I loved the time I spent there. I especially loved the company: I haven't had such a great time and laughed so much in quite a while.
(Cousins doing what we do: eating ice cream.)
(We didn't actually eat here, but I liked these signs...)
One of the things that we made a point to do, because we are awesome, was to drive around and see some of the locations where they filmed Friday Night Lights, because the show was filmed in Austin. We stopped by the Panther Fieldhouse, Matt Saracen's house, the Taylor's house, and my favorite stop on the tour: Tim Riggin's land. It was incredible. You know what was even more incredible? Driving around downtown Austin later that night, stopping at a stoplight and looking at the car next to us and seeing Kyle Chandler (the actor who plays the coach on FNL) driving the car. Yep, that happened. To say we were stoked to see him is an understatement.
(Tim Riggins' land.)
(Siblings at Riggins' land.)
It was a great weekend...

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hey, who is that hottie with all the guys?