Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Octravelfest: Sublette-style.

(Kansas sunsets are the best. Strong City, KS.)
So, it's Tuesday... and I didn't make a meal. It was just my mom and I again tonight so we decided to take a night off and go to Jose Pepper's instead. Man, I love Mexican... So I don't have any new recipe for Try-It Tuesday this week. But I do have another recipe that I want to share with you at the end of this post... so push through, you can make it!

It seems like October accidentally became "Go and visit the people you love!" month. (Did you like how I came up with Octravelfest. Pretty clever, eh? Ok, I know, it's bad, leave me alone.) Last weekend it was Austin to visit my brother Joel, and this weekend I went with my aunt Cindy to visit my cousin Dana and her husband Marc in Sublette, Kansas. (Funny story: these trips are like deja vu from last year because almost exactly a year ago I took a trip to Sublette and Texas (it was Dallas last time though) Strange...) It was a great trip! We did what the Burrichter family does: a lot of game playing. We ate great food. We went apple picking (more to come on that tomorrow). We shot guns. We talked about life. And we loved on each other. Because that's what we do. (Ok, minus the shooting guns and picking apples. Those aren't "regulars" on the family tradition list.) I had a great weekend and just wanted to show some pictures... just because I can.

Some days I just don't think I deserve to be blessed with as special of a family as mine...
(Another good one...)
(Like I said, we did a lot of cooking and eating.)
(Marc showing us how to shoot guns.)
(I know it doesn't look like she hit the target because there is another one to the right, but she hit what we were aiming for and she was pretty excited about it.)
(All of our shells. I've got my serious, "gun-shooting" face on.)
(ANOTHER great sunset...)
(Joy the Baker's apple crisp recipe. It was so easy and SO delicious. We used the apples we picked earlier that day... pretty cool if you ask me.)

3 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Great title. Yes, we are blessed to have such a great family. I loved being a part of your trip.

oscarellis said...

I LOVED having you guys here! It warmed my heart.

Georgie said...

The "red bottomed" sunset picture is amazing. We just don't get sunsets like that here in KC. Or we just can't see them. Very clever with the Octravelfest. Clever you!