Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Spinach and Ricotta Quiche

It's been a week since I've blogged... I went out of town this weekend to visit my brother Joel in Austin so I haven't had a lot of time. I need to blog about Austin though... It was amazing. More to come on that soon.

Tonight it was just my momma and I for Try-It Tuesday. I wanted more of a simple meal this week... Nothing with tons of chopping and ingredients. Something low key. So I made this Spinach and Ricotta Quiche that I saw in Rachael Ray Magazine. The verdict? It was really good! I'd say a do over for sure! It was pretty easy and had a full flavor that we really enjoyed.
(Rachael Ray's picture.)
(My picture. Quality dinner: the quiche, Diet Coke, carrots- straight out of the bag (we keep it classy) and my beloved honeycrisp apples.)

The recipe called for frozen puff pastry. I'd seen recipes use it before, but have never used it myself. I bought a package of two, and the quiche only called for one shell and so I had this other thawed puff pastry shell that I wanted to do something with. So I was thinking about it, and then... *lightbulb!* I remembered seeing a recipe on Joy the Baker that called for puff pastry and... *drum roll, please* ... peanut butter and chocolate!!! Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows. So I whipped those up while waiting for the quiche to cook and they were amazing! The star of tonight's show, for sure.

Moral of the story: buy some frozen puff pastry. Make the quiche... But TOTALLY make the peanut butter chocolate pillows. Yay for another successful Try-It Tuesday!
(Joy's picture... it looks a bit more appetizing than mine...)
(So amazing. Seriously.)
(If you can look past the disgusting Band-Aided, peely nail polished fingers, you'll see how flaky and wonderful this was!)

2 comments:

Valeria said...

abby abby abby, how I wish we could have a "try-it Tuesday" together! :) these both look delectable

Jessie said...

Interesting. I used a puff pastry crust for quiche this week. It didn't turn out as well as my usual crust..still my quiche was yummy. Looking forward to trying this one!