Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple picking and pumpkin... choosing?

Remember a while ago when I blogged about a fall list that I saw on Pinterest? It was a creatively designed list full of wonderful things to do to enjoy fall. I haven't been taking this list as seriously as the list that I made a couple of months ago of things that I wanted to do before I turned 24. But I have completed a few...

Things That I Have Already Completed:

-Make fall cookies - I made these Maple Butterscotch Cookies. I'm going to be honest, they were just ok. They had a nice flavor but the were a bit tough for my taste. Maybe it was the baker's fault though... not the recipe's...?
-Take a nature walk - About a month ago I got to hang out with some really cool guys named Liam and Eli and we went on a nature walk. If I wasn't at work, I'd show you some pictures...
-Bake pies - I made an apple pie a while ago, and I made an apple crisp last night, and I'll likely make other pies. So I'd say we can consider this one completed.
-Drink fancy coffee drinks - Ha! I have no problem with that. I've for sure ordered myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte and/or Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks this season.

I've still got a lot to complete. And I'm not going to lie, I doubt that I will complete it all. BUT, this weekend I did complete two more things on the list, and it was a wonderful time! We went apple picking and visited a pumpkin patch in good ol' Plains, Kansas. We picked Fuji and Granny Smith apples for 50 cents a pound and pumpkins for 20 cents a pound. That's a deal, my friends! PLUS, we had a great time! Yay for fall! Let's keep that list coming.


(My cousin Dana with the Granny Smiths.) (Me with the Fujis.)
(She's pretty cute...)
(I just love this...)
(My aunt Cindy with tumbleweed! Classic Kansas...)

1 comment:

Georgie said...

I love your pictures. I, too, love fall. It's my favorite season. I'm glad you are enjoying it in so many ways. Love you!