Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions.

Resolutions for Artists by CitrusTreeDesigns on Etsy
It's that time of the year, when everyone is making resolutions. I'm always hesitant to make a list of resolutions. I'm especially hesitant to tell other people what's on my list... Some years I don't even make a list because I know that I will fail. But that's silly, and pessimistic, and not the person I want to be. I'm human, I likely will fail, especially if I try to do it all by myself, but I might as well strive for something, right? Because 2 weeks, or 7 months, or a full year of trying is better than not trying at all. So here is my list of Resolutions For 2012:

1. Lose 50 pounds. Yikes, this is a scary one. But it needs to happen. I've done it before... I can do it again.

2. Learn how to play the guitar. I started this this summer and really enjoyed it. I need to start at it again.

3. Make a business plan for my bakery. I keep saying I want to open one, I will never get there if I don't start planning for it.

4. Be more adventurous. I'm pretty safe... pretty practical. I want to be responsible, but I could use a little bit more adventure in my life.

5. Take more people out for coffee. I used to do this all the time in college, I want to get back to that. Being intentional about setting aside time to invest in people.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Be adventurous and move to Austin. Everybody is doing it. ;)

Valeria said...

Can I second Jessie's post simply because Austin is currently a lot closer to me? :)
Also--I just LOVE that artwork you have pictured. I want to use it at the museum now...

And: Can a new year's resolution for both of us be to see each other lots more in 2012? :)