Sunday, January 1, 2012

Calendars: The Decision.

Just in case you were dying to know which calendar I went with (ok, so I know you don't really care much at all...), I decided to go with the above design. (I bought it from this Etsy artist, pretty cute stuff if you ask me!) I didn't actually write to just tell you about the calendar that I bought though, I am writing to show you some pretty stinking cool photography that I found on Etsy during my calendar search. I wanted to get this calendar because I liked this photographer's work so much, but I decided to purchase some prints from her and get a different (less expensive) calendar (above) instead. The best of both worlds, right? Right!

Eye Poetry Photography, aka Irene Suchocki, is based out of Quebec, Canada. (Man, Canada has a lot going for them: Ryan Gosling, Michael Buble, Evangeline Lily, that one tall guy from Glee...) I really like her use of light. She also takes quite a few pictures of city scapes and trees, two things I love, so you really can't go wrong. Her work is just beautiful. I encourage you to check out her blog or her Etsy page. Below are the prints that I bought from her. (Four 5x7s for $30.) My cubicle is going to be a more beautiful place thanks to these puppies.
Fairytale of New York, by Irene Suchocki.
The Invention of Light, by Irene Suchocki.
The Music of Chance, by Irene Suchocki.
Sparkle and Dance, by Irene Suchocki.

2 comments:

Georgie said...

Hey!! That calendar wasn't even one of the original choices. Now how were we suppose to help you with that decision?? Love you, Abby!

Valeria said...

It's a good thing I didn't hunt for an etsy calendar this year...it always feels like the toughest decision! These are all great contenders (also love the one you chose + those photos are lovely!)