Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Try-It Tuesdays Returns... maybe?

(Their picture.)
I thought I was done with Try-It Tuesdays. I was going to just start repeating the recipes that were hits. There's just one problem: most of those recipes aren't very healthy (Cajun Chicken Pasta, Golden Potato Soup, to name a few....) And I went back on the ol' Weight Watchers on Monday, so... I need to find healthy recipes. So I think that's what I'm going to do. The other night I saw my cousin post a recipe on Facebook for Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs and it looked delicious AND it was a Cooking Light recipe. Then I got on the Cooking Light site and it had all these yummy recipes (they even have 100 Easy Chicken Recipes, and I mean... that's pretty much perfect for me.) So I thought, "Man, I can't give up on Try-It Tuesdays now!" So I'm not gonna.

So tonight I tried out my cousin's recipe. He recommended using half the amount of honey, and I choose to use chicken breasts instead of thighs. I served it with their recipe for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes. Both were hits, for sure. One of my favorite recipes I've made for Try-It Tuesdays. But stay away fellas, I've got some wicked garlic breath...
(My picture.)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Stay away fellas...and vampires! Looks yummy!