Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Artsy.

My Etsy-studded cubicle.
Today was just one of those days... work stunk. And I'm sure I'll go in tomorrow, and it'll be fine, and it'll be like today never happened. But today stunk. At one point in the day, I was looking at a blog on my break and my co-worker said, "What are you looking at this time?" (Because I am always looking at sites to remind me that there is a life outside of 401(k)-land...) And my answer was this really dramatic (yes, I'm a bit of a drama queen...), "Looking at something creative. Because I need to do a craft, or sing a song, or bake something, to remind myself of the things I'm actually kind of good at." Yes, the guys that sit around me are good sports to put up with me and my feelings. REALLY good sports, actually. But the day finally ended, and I came home and my parents took me out to Chipotle, and I baked this cake, and I'm feeling better. :)

I thought I'd compile a list of all of the blogs that get me through days like today and remind me of the "artist" that I am deep down when the finance person doesn't feel adequate....

Baking Blogs:

Crafty Blogs:

Other Websites That Make Me Feel Creative:
Pinterest (I have to get it from my phone though because they blocked it at work.)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey, you didn't put Cassie Cakes on there.

Jessie said...

Ok, and I have to say IT IS SO WRONG that you made this cake without me to eat it...since I love your snickerdoodle cupcakes. Guess you'll have to come down here and make me one...or two.