Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another one bites the dust...

(Awkward foot picture. Got a pedicure today and chose this green
in honor of my friend who loves crazy colors. Especially green.)
So, you remember this spring/fall when I was in a big funk because all of my friends were moving away? But I kept on saying, "At least Jessie's still here. I still have Jessie." Guess who's moving away tomorrow? That'd be Jessie...

My dear friend Jessie and her lovely family are moving to Austin, Texas tomorrow. I haven't really let myself think about it much, but I suppose it's time. I'm going to miss her. A lot. Instead of getting in a funk for the next 3 months about it (like I so maturely handled it last time), I've decided to take the "thankful" route. I'm thankful for the last 6 years that I've known Jessie. I'm thankful for the dance parties, the period piece watch parties, the book discussions, the heart to hearts, the tear fests, the crafternoons, the baking sessions, the game nights, and more... She's a pretty great friend. And I'm thankful.

I went to Facebook to find a good picture of Jessie and I. And well... I found a lot of the following instead. So, you enjoy these, while I bake away my feelings and blow my nose. :) (Yep, I baked this Red Velvet Cheesecake, this Peanut Butter Pie, and this Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie this afternoon. I had reason, it wasn't because I'm kind of sad. It sure did help though...)

2 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

Ah Abby, Jessie is better because she knows you! And me, too. What were you baking all that stuff for???

Jessie said...

I am better b/c I know you! And I'm crying. Wish you were here so we could snuggle in this giant bed and watch a period piece. Love you!