Sunday, January 8, 2012

A cookie plate kind of life...

Now bare with me... this may be a bit cheesy... but tonight I had a thought. Let me tell you about this thought. I went over to a friend's house to play games (side note: there are few things that I love more than playing games with friend's) and I brought over a plate of cookies. I bring baked goods when I go over to this friend's house. I'm actually making it a habit that whenever I go to anyone's house for an evening of fun I bring baked goods. I've also made it a habit that I bring enough to pass the evening and then a few more so that I can leave some with the people. And it makes me happy. It makes me happy to bake for people. And to walk in someone's house with a fresh plate of cookies. And for them to enjoy them. And then for me to say, "Hey, can I leave the rest here?" at the end of the night. Just plain happy.

And I was thinking, the image of an empty cookie plate at the end of an evening... that's how I want to live. That's the way I want to interact with people. I want to go out of my way to love on them and leave them with more love than when I came in the door.

So basically, I want my life to be a full, then an empty cookie plate. The end.
P.S. Hopefully this thought makes sense. I thought of it when I was driving home at 11:30 at night, so it might not be as coherent as I think it is. :)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That's a great thought!

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valeria said...

This thought is completely coherent and makes so much sense. I love it. I think an empty plate will have to be incorporated into your bakery logo/design somehow :) It's a beautiful image.