Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Try-It Tuesdays: Jambalaya


I'm so excited to post something new. Not because I like to blog (because I do), but more importantly I'm pretty sure if anyone new came to my blog and saw that picture they probably thought, "Oh no, this is a gamer's blog." I suppose I like games (like is probably an understatement). But I wouldn't call this a gaming blog. Anyway, hooray for a new picture to greet you when you get here for the next couple of days.

Try-It Tuesday is back! Ok, so, I know, it's Wednesday, but the name is catchy and I intended this for Tuesday, but ended up going out to dinner with my momma instead. I've been trying out recipes from Cooking Light lately, and they've been great! Tonight I tried out their recipe for Jambalaya and it was delicious! (Am I allowed to say that something I made was delicious? The recipe was delicious, I just happened to follow the recipe well enough to mimic the deliciousness that was given to me.) I would totally recommend it. I left out the shrimp that it called for, and would give it a little bit more time to cook than it calls for. But it was wonderful!

Below is the before, above is the after. Hooray for Try-It Tuesday (a day late)!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

I like how this follows the "empty plate" idea ;) looks delicious.