Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What are you reading?

Oh hey, my name is Slacker. It's really nice to meet you. ... You thought my name was Abby? Nope, it changed. ... When? Sometime within the last couple of weeks when I stopped blogging? ... How come I stopped blogging? One excuse: I've actually been busy. Sometime in the last couple of months I kind of found a life. This is great news! (And actually true...) Another excuse: I'm a slacker. Which is why I changed my name. Anyway... Joy the Baker's blogspot suggestion numero tres (that's number three for all of you non-Spanish majors out there) was a What Are You Reading post? Want to know what I'm reading? Ok... I'll tell you.

A Praying Life by Paul Miller (pictured above). I've mentioned this book before... it's kind of changed my life, no big deal. Transformed my views on God, prayer, and myself. A must read if you love J-E-S-U-S. (I don't know what's gotten into me. I'm in a strange mood today.)
 Practical Theology for Women by Wendy Horger Alsup. (Bet you're jealous you don't have her name.) I have just read the first chapter of this book so far but I have a feeling it's going be a good one. Plus I'm studying it with three other single ladies so it should be pretty great. (Yep, I said "single ladies" instead of "single girls" or "single women" so you'd get the song stuck in your head.)

While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin. I love me some fiction, especially period piece fiction. (I'm a loser, get over it.) My mom suggested this book to me because I'm pretty sure it was free for Kindle. It's set in Brooklyn during World War II and it's about a girl who nannies for two kids who lost their mother and whose father in his depression from losing his wife decided to fight in the war. There's romance, there's drama, there's period piece-ness. I'm 78% done and it's pretty good. (And apparently you can buy it used for $.91 on Amazon. So you KNOW it has to be good... ?)
(Here's what it looks like on my Kindle...)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. I am not currently reading this, but this is next on my list. Pretty much any trend like Harry Potter that has every been suggested to me, I've loved: Lost, Friday Night Lights, Twilight (yep, I said it), Hunger Games... I've loved all of those things. So I have a feeling I'll love Harry Potter, too.

Happy Reading!

No comments: