Sunday, March 24, 2013

Handmade Cards.


Last weekend I went and visited my dear friends Valeria and Jonathan. They are my best friends from college and they got married in November. I've been wanting to visit them at their new place in St. Louis for quite some time and finally made it happen.

We had a great weekend. Valeria did a better job recapping the weekend on her blog than I ever could so you can check that out here. I wanted to send them a thank you card for the wonderful weekend and as you may know, I am kind of against buying cards (except for a couple of weeks ago when I was in a hurry and broke my rule and bought cards for Joel and Jessie after visiting in Austin... at least they weren't Hallmarks...) So I made my own! Nothing too grand or complicated... But I loved making it for them. And according to Valeria's Instagram, I think she liked receiving it too.

Moral of the story: I need to start making and sending out cards again. It makes me, the creator, happy, and it makes the receiver happy, too. So let's do it.

1 comment: