Monday, March 25, 2013

Mantle.

(Valentine's Day: handmade heart garland.)

When we moved in to our house we had a couple of random wooden pallets laying around, so back in the fall we decided to experiment and put one on our mantle. "On your mantle?" you ask. Yes, yes we did. I thought we could throw some Christmas lights on there and jazz it up a bit and see where we could go from there...

Since then, the mantle has been an ever-changing design project. It's been really fun for me and my roommates are great to put up with me and my bouts of creativity. I like the idea of something that you can change regularly. It can totally transform the room into a different feel and I've managed to not spend too much on each design. First we started with a design for fall, moved on to Christmas, then Valentine's Day, and now spring! You'll have to wait til tomorrow to see the spring design (I know, I know... you're on the edge of your seat) but here are the designs so far.

(Fall: handmade pennants, pumpkins, and fabricy stuff.) 

 (Christmas: letters, pine cones, garland, and mini ornaments.)

No comments: