Monday, March 11, 2013

Maple Frosted Cinnamon Rolls.



I was in charge of bringing cinnamon rolls for a family brunch this past weekend. My mom has an excellent cinnamon roll recipe but I wanted to try something a little bit different this time. I searched all of my favorite blogs and was debating between Joy the Baker's Chai-Spiced Cinnamon Rolls and Pioneer Woman's Maple Frosted Cinnamon Rolls. I'm a big fan of chai, but I wasn't sure if the rest of the world was, so I went with Pioneer Woman's recipe.

The recipe yields "8 servings." I was concerned that that wouldn't be enough for our family get together but I kept reading... 8 cups of flour. 8 cups. That's a lot... That's 1 cup per serving. (I know, I'm real good at math.) That can't be right. Turns out 1 serving is 8 cinnamon rolls. That's 64 cinnamon rolls. (My math skills continue...) That's a lot of cinnamon rolls! I decided to go ahead and go with it so I could give some away.

So I did. I made lots. It pretty much took up my whole Friday night but it was SO worth it. The cinnamon rolls were so good. I'm not saying that because I'm good. I'm saying that because Pioneer Woman is good. I think maple frosting is one of the best things in the world. Drench cinnamon rolls in it and you pretty much have heaven in a pan. I got to love on some people by surprising them with cinnamon rolls too... Cinnamon rolls. Maple frosting. Loving on people. It was pretty great all around.

Pioneer Woman's Maple Frosted Cinnamon Rolls. Do it.

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Abby, I was one of the lucky ones to get a taste of your rolls. They were delicious. Yumm-meee! Maple frosting is a great choice.