Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Celebration Cupcakes.


I've probably posted about this before... but I feel strongly enough about it that I feel like it deserves another mention.

I don't know if you know this about me... but I love to bake. Haha, kidding... I know you know. You're probably sick of hearing about it. I love baking for many reasons. It's creative. It's predictable and exact. It's frivolous. It's homemade. It's sharable. It's loving. Must I continue...

One of my favorite things about baking is that it's a way to celebrate with people. On Monday I brought in cupcakes to celebrate one of my co-workers' birthdays. Last year I baked someone an engagement cake to celebrate well, ... their engagement. This weekend I baked a pound cake to celebrate gaming playing (Ok... that one was a bit of a stretch.) And last night I baked some cupcakes for my co-worker so she would have a creative way to reveal her baby's gender to her family. It's an honor to help people celebrate such special times in their lives.

Below are the cupcakes. I got the idea to fill the cupcakes with the color of the gender from Iowa Girl Eats when she revealed her baby's gender. I made it a goal to make mine prettier than hers... No offense, IGE, but I think I win. (Thanks for the idea though!)

No comments: