Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How would you spend your days...


You've probably heard this before, but I love ice breaker questions. I love asking people questions and having discussions about things you don't normally discuss in every day conversation.

Tonight, I went to the first small group of the season for my church. It was a lot of new people that I haven't been in a group with before so my friends put me in charge of ice breakers... because that's what I do and that's what I love. I decided to go with the question above. I thought it would get people talking about what they like to do and what they are passionate about.

If you didn't have to work for a living, how would you spend your days?

My answer? "I would travel, and bake, and cook, and create things... then I would write about it." I didn't really spend a lot of time in deep thought coming up with my answer... but for some reason that's what I said. Thinking about it more, that answer is a little selfish. I want to spend my time helping and loving on others, too. I would like to think that I could do that while traveling and baking and cooking and creating things. The good news? Even though I do have to work for a living... I can still do those things. And write about them here. So thanks for being here...

*Side note: upon further discussion at small group tonight, my friends have decided that I should write a book and make a movie and become the next Eat, Pray, Love but better. I'm on board. Add that to my list of things to do.

1 comment:

Momma said...

If I didn't have to work for a living...I'd serve people (especially my family), lead Bible studies, take care of grandkids (someday), and travel.