Monday, September 2, 2013

Try-It Last Week: Thai Chicken Tacos.


I've been meaning to post about these all week but am just now getting around to it. I've been busy (ahem, Suits, ahem) Ok, not really that busy. I made these Thai Chicken Tacos last week as an impromptu dinner for my family. There weren't any leftovers and I thought they were so good that I made them for myself again a few days later. They are THAT good.

Thai Chicken Tacos

The meat in these tacos really isn't anything too special. It's chicken martinated in rice vinegar and soy sauce then you cook it in a skillet. What makes these spectacular are the fixin's. You serve the taco with cabbage, bean sprouts, green onions, and cilantro. I'm not normally a huge cabbage or bean sprout fan, but those combined with the rest of the ingredients gave the tacos a nice, fresh crunch. The thing that makes this recipe though...? The peanut sauce!

I love peanut sauce.

The first time I made the tacos I used this peanut sauce recipe (I added some extra peanut butter and brown sugar to thicken it up a bit and it was good. The second time I used a different recipe that I had left over from my attempt at spring rolls that I had made a few days before. That was good too but I can't find the recipe again. Anyway, use your favorite peanut sauce. (We also drizzled a little bit of Sriracha to give it a little kick.)

Anyway, these were a hit. They were easy. The ingredients weren't too crazy. (The only kind of weird one was rice vinegar but you can find that at any grocery store.) They were a unique, flavorful take an a classic taco and I'd highly recommend them.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Yum! I'll put this on my list to try!