Monday, September 30, 2013

Try-It Overload

I've been cooking a lot the last couple of weeks but haven't had a chance to post what I've been trying out. Here are some of the recipes that I think are worthy of your stomaches.

Easy Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork. We had a food day at work and I was in charge of bringing pulled pork. Confession: one of the reasons why I cook with chicken and turkey so much is because I'm afraid of other meats. It's silly, I know. I consulted my friend Jessie and my mom, and they gave me some pointers so I faced my fear and cooked with pork. And this recipe was a winner! I made it the night before, refrigerated it overnight, then heated it up the next day. The blog it came from is called Yummy Healthy Easy and that's exactly what this recipe was. (And it has Diet Coke in the recipe... that's awesome.)

San Antonio Migas. I get the Food Network magazine but rarely make recipes from it. Don't ask me why. So I made it a goal to cook at least one recipe from the most recent issue. I had also always wanted to try my hand at making migas so when I saw this recipe, I knew it was the one. This is a fun alternative to your typical egg breakfast. I actually had it for dinner, but would love to try it again.

Chicken Tortilla Soup. I've been looking for a really good chicken tortilla soup recipe for quite some time. I've tried quite a few recipes but haven't really found any winners... until now. Pioneer Woman came through yet again! And this recipe isn't even that unhealthy (which is good for her). It was flat out tasty.

Chipotle Turkey Chili with Apples. I am drawn to weird recipes. If you tell me, "Hey, I have a good chili recipe!" I'd probably respond with, "Eh, ok?" But if you tell me, "Hey, I have a good Chipotle Turkey Chili with Apples recipe!" THAT, is when I get on board for. This chili doesn't even have beans in it but the flavor was incredible complex and it had the consistency of chili. If you like weird recipes like me, here's one you should try.

No comments: