Thursday, March 3, 2011

5 Things That Made My Day

My day was an interesting one. During my lunch break I thought to myself, "Man, I should blog about what great things today has brought..." Somewhere in the afternoon between my co-workers and boss constantly giving me a hard time and being trained in something new so that I feel incompetent and inadequate again, it went downhill a bit. It has since gone back up, so I decided to still blog about the things that made my day swell besides the momentary setback.

1. I got to listen to some good new music on my way to work this morning: David Ramirez recommended by Joel and Eisley recommended by HDG. It's some good stuff.

2. My co-worker on another team snuck me a breakfast burrito from his team's food day. It was delicious...

3. The Pioneer Woman introduced me to a few new baking blogs, which is always exciting! Welcome: Picky Palate, Two Peas and Their Pod, and I Am Baker, to the list of blogs that I stalk.

4. I drove the whole way home with my windows down and the warm air coming in with some good music blaring. (Ok, so the air wasn't that warm, I still had to have the heater on, but it was still lovely.)

5. I baked some cookies when I got home from work just because. It's always nice to be able to bake just because. It's amazing how much of a pick-me-up it is... Peanut butter cookies, how I love thee.

What a day...

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Did you take this picture? I like it1

abby! said...

Nope... I didn't. I stole it from the blog where I got the recipe. It is a nice picture though.