Monday, March 7, 2011

A Cake Flavored Weekend!

I did a lot of baking this weekend and it was great! I got paid to make the bottom polka dotted cake (it's not my favorite color scheme, but that's what they wanted and I just do what I'm told.) The middle cake was for my aunt Charlotte and cousin Laura for the family birthday party we had for them this weekend. I decided to add flowers at the last minute to fill space. I need to find a better space filler next time....

The above cake is my favorite! I made it for Gracious, my friends Rob and Corrie's daughter. I made this cake for her last year, and had planned to make this cake for her this year, but just ran out of time and ended up dying white cake batter pink. It was a Fancy Nancy themed birthday party (and if you don't know Fancy Nancy, you should get to know her, because the books are adorable...) So I made an extra fancy cake with the words "ooo la la" all over it because Fancy Nancy says it apparently. Anyway, I had a great time baking such a silly cake (and the fancy cupcakes in the background). A big thanks to my friend Alison who is the amazing photographer that took the picture and makes my photography look like child's play. (Speaking of photography, the bottom two pictures I took with my iPod so no judging. Ok?)

2 comments:

sarah said...

LOVE the pink one!!!

Valeria said...

i don't know who fancy nancy is but i think we would have been friends as kids too :) love the cake.
p.s. i can't wait to see you in the not-so-distant future!