Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fresh!

Now this is going to sound odd, but it's one of those small things that makes me happy, so here it goes... I love cutting up fresh food and making a delicious meal from it. I don't know why, but when I can visit the produce section and come away with a lot of fresh vegetables and make a meal from them, it really gets me going. I don't like meals where I throw a whole bunch of cans together to get some concoction or start from a box to create a predetermined meal. Ok, well, I do like the taste of those meals at times, I just am more satisfied when I start from scratch with raw materials and build up.

Tonight I made Rachael Ray's Chicken Satay Stir-Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice and it was amazing. I'm not saying it was amazing because of anything I did, but the recipe itself is amazing. Well done, Rachael Ray. I had a genuine smile on my face as I was cutting up the ingredients and putting them all together. It just made me happy. So I decided to blog about it. (Below is Rachael Ray's picture of this meal, not mine. It's kind of ugly so I thought I'd clarify. :) I would have taken a picture of my finished product but we had a friend over for dinner and I thought he may have thought I was strange for taking a picture of our meal...)
Anyway, I love cutting vegetables. I love using real garlic over garlic powder. I love crying while cutting onions. (Ok, well, kind of...) I love pulling off a recipe and feeding the people I love. Tonight was just a great night to be in the kitchen. I'm lame, I know. But I hope your meal was as splendid as mine was.

4 comments:

sarah said...

i totally understand! you're not crazy! love fresh fruit and vegetables!

Aunt Cindy said...

I think I am ready for you to move in at our house and cook for us.

Unknown said...

My dinner was for sure not as great as this. Looks yummy!

Jessie said...

Ha ha, that was me of course, not my hottie husband. He doesn't even read our blog, so if he read yours, I'd be ticked.