Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Recording: Weekend Two

Well, weekend two of recording has come and gone. The combination of me having a change of heart and a better attitude as well as being able to do the thing that I came there to do, made the weekend a great one. I had such a great time and constantly thought, "Man, can't I just do this for a living?" The only hard part of the weekend was when we had one song left to record and I had the realization that the experience was almost over and I will likely never have a chance to do this again. So I soaked up every minute of my time there and will cherish this experience forever.

One of my favorite things about the whole experience was the relationship that we started with the sound engineer that was producing the album. Knowing that we were a band made up of "Jesus-lovers", Robert (he produced all of Tech N9ne's albums, which is kind of hilarious...) was pretty careful about what he said around us. Gradually as the time went on he became more comfortable with us, was ok with showing us who he really was, and started to care about us and our music in return. It was just cool, to see these barriers that our title as "Christians" had created being broken down slowly just by loving on a guy. Cool, cool stuff.

Anyway, who knows what the next step is in this whole album thing is. I'll be sure to keep you posted, though. What a great time... (P.S. The above picture is a draft of the album cover that my brother Cory created. He's awesome. Here's his blog.)

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

I can hardly wait to hear some of the music.