Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Cubicle Christmas...

At work we had a cubicle decorating contest for Christmas: the team with the best decorated cubicles wins a free meal. When I first got the e-mail encouraging us to do this, I thought, "Come on, who is actually going to go along with this cooky idea..." But I was wrong. Boy, did my co-workers get into it.

My team, predominately made up of men (there are 4 women and about 22 men), did not get into it as much. Finally, our manager brought in a whole bunch of wrapping paper and white stuff so we would actually somewhat decorate our areas and could be consistent with a "Let it snow!" theme at every cubicle. Above is my cubicle. I thought it was relatively creative. Everyone loved the snowman made out of tissue paper. (Doesn't take much to seem "creative" when you work in finance...) So, I thought I did ok... Then I walked around the other teams and came across this...
My friend and co-worker Joseph totally decked his cube out Grinch-style. He covered his cube in green paper. He had pictures of the Grinch and the lyrics of the Grinch song hung up. He had a dog with the one antler thing attached to his head (a stuffed dog, that is...) He had a mini Christmas tree... The list of details goes on... And on Friday (his last day of work until Christmas because he got lucky and had this whole week off), he dressed up like the Grinch and even brought in something to play the Grinch music out loud.... Joseph wins. Hands down. And he made everyone smile with his holiday cheer-iness.

Next time I'll be sure not to be "too cool" to participate and go all in so that I can give Joseph here a run for his money...

No comments: