Saturday, December 10, 2011

White Christmas Party

White Christmas.
Sorry I've been such a slacker at blogging lately. Believe it or not, I actually kind of had a life this week so I was busy. One of the fun things that I did this week was have a White Christmas party with my aunt Georgie and my uncle Dave. "A White Christmas party? Did you mean White Elephant?" (That's what one of my friends said when I told him what I was planning on doing.) Yes, I did mean White Christmas.

Dave is kind of my like me in that he knows what he likes. I blog about what I like. He makes lists of what he likes. We're kindred spirits in that sense. (And actually, we found out this week that we are the same Meyers-Briggs personality as well... ESFJs for life, babay!) Anyway, Dave's favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas and I've never seen it. So we planned a "party" for me to come over and watch it with him and Georgie.

I got there and Georgie had the table set beautifully Christmas-y. (She even had napkin rings on the napkins...) We had eggnog while waiting for dinner (which I love and just happened to be craving that whole day. I texted her to see if I should bring some and she already had it!) She prepared a meal of Meatball Sandwich Casserole (because she knows that I love meatball subs) and a yummy salad with fruit on it (which she also knows that I love.) After dinner we watched the movie and snacked on coffee and sugar cookies (my only contribution to the evening...). And then I spent the night at their house... Talk about a splendid evening!
Mmm... eggnog.
Beautiful table.
I suppose this post doesn't have much of a point but to say: 1. I love doing fun little things like that for the holidays. 2. I'm pretty blessed to have such a fun aunt and uncle. 3. Well, I guess that's it.

1 comment:

Aunt Georgie said...

Our evening together was blog-worthy! Yea! We enjoyed every minute of it. Love you!