Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas...

The day that we look forward to all year long, Christmas Day, has come and gone. I kind of hate how I do that... How I constantly look forward to things instead of enjoying where I currently am. All month long I've been looking forward to Christmas, and now it's over, and won't be back for another 365 days. When I think about my life, I do the same thing. I am looking forward to hopefully getting married some day, having a house, and kids, and a good job. Rather than enjoying the stage I'm in right now. Sure, I live with my parents, and make fun of myself about it all the time. But what a special time to be able to spend so much time with two really cool people. Yes, I long to find a man that I love and get married. But I should be enjoying the freedom that comes with singleness for now. Of course my job could be better suited for me than it is. But maybe someday I'll have a perfectly suited job for me that requires longer hours and more stress...

I need to stop living for the future. And start living for now.

Today was Christmas, and I'm not thinking about anything else but today. We woke up. Opened some lovely presents. Ate a delicious breakfast that my mom prepared. Relaxed a bit. Went to my aunt's house. Ate some more delicious food. Played games. Danced a little. Laughed a lot. And now here I am. Thankful for today, and the life that I'm currently living.

Merry Christmas...

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Perfect attitude...Merry Christmas