Sunday, December 4, 2011

Smiling Lately...

I took a few days off of blogging because I went for about 24 days straight in November, and thought a break would be good. But I'm back, don't you worry... Things that have made me smile this week:
1. Butter sales! You know you are a baker when you get excited that butter is on sale! I love that about the holidays. (Among other things...) I made a special trip out one night this week to stock up on the butter. I may or may not have 8 pounds of butter in my freezer right now...
2. Christmas music is alive and well! My favorite album this year has been Michael Buble's Christmas album (thanks to my dear old Daddy for letting me steal it from him.) It's just really good. The Michael Buble Holiday Pandora station is pretty much the best thing ever, too.
3. Amazing Race. I love this show. It's getting down to the final few and I'm loving it. Andy and Tommy are my favorites, fo sho. Hopefully they'll stay in it. Tonight will tell...
4. Speaking of TV on tonight, I've been loving Once Upon A Time, too. I mean, how can you go wrong when you've got the following working for you: fairytales (anything that can combine Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Jiminy Cricket, etc. is pretty amazing...), J.J. Abrams (the LOST guy), action, romance, fantasy, Ginnifer Goodwin (I just LOVE her), etc. It's a great show. And it's only 5 episodes in and they're all available online so it's not too late for you to get into it. You should do it, and be my friend, and we can discuss... It'll be great.
5. Breaking Dawn. Ok, fine, I'm a loser, and I like Twilight. So what? The movie was kind of great in a horribly cheesy, guilty pleasure kind of way and I loved every minute of it. You know what else I loved about it? The soundtrack. The Twilight movies always have good music but I especially loved this one. "Turning Page" by Sleeping At Last was on repeat in my car for quite a few days in a row.

(I was going to keep this list at 5, but I just answered a call on my phone and was reminded how much I am still loving it. So... 6. My iPhone. I love it.)

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Nice to see you back.