Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Try-It Tuesday: Penne with Ricotta and Bacon (and Chicken)

Try-It Tuesday is back! This may actually be my last Try-It Tuesday for a while because I told myself I'd do it through the end of the year and then take a break, and I'm not really sure what next week will look like with the holidays and all... So, soak it up, ya'll... This. is. it.

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really excited about any recipes this week. Plus my brothers Joel and Cory are home for Christmas break, so I was kind of fearful that they wouldn't be as forgiving if the recipe I chose wasn't a hit, so that was some added pressure... So, I wanted something tasty, and easy, and brother-friendly. After some perusing of Pinterest, Pioneer Woman, and a couple of other blogs I returned to my staple: Rachael Ray's website. She (more like her minions, I doubt she comes up with many herself...) has lots of easy recipes... and I like that. So I went with this recipe: Penne with Ricotta and Bacon (and I added chicken, too, because we are a meat-loving family.) The verdict? Pretty good! I'm glad I added the chicken. And the bacon added some flavor. The texture of the ricotta was a bit strange, so part of me would like to try this again with just bacon, onions, chicken, and basil and put some kind of cheese on top or something. But it was good. And easy. And required few ingredients. So I was happy. And my family was, too. Which made me extra happy.

Until next time... well, maybe. :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Sounds yummy. So Joel's a picky eater too..maybe he won't want to come to our place for family dinner.