Friday, June 15, 2012

Nursery Brainstorming.

So, over the last couple of weeks I've been surveying the internet to find fun yet cheap decorating ideas for a nursery. No, y'all, I'm not pregnant. But my lovely cousin Julie is! And she has asked for my help in decorating her nursery. I've been itching to decorate something lately, but all of the spaces in my current residence are already decorated, so I'm excited for the chance to help out.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we will use all of these ideas. I'm more of the "craft it myself" kind of girl, and Julie is more of the "let's buy it at Hobby Lobby" kind of girl. I'm sure we'll find a balance between our two tendencies. But I thought I'd share with you all of the cute nursery ideas I've come across. (Also, I just want a place to reference my ideas so when I go to Oklahoma City to help Julie decorate this weekend, they're easily accessible.) P.S. It's a girl and the theme is owls and trees, so that's why some of my ideas lean toward that.

So here I am. Making a list on a Friday. Just like all of those other cool bloggers out there. We'll call it:

Friday Favorites: Nursery Edition.

Tree mural. This isn't the one we're doing, but it gives you the idea. This will be our biggest project of the weekend.

Felt Garland. (I like the look above, but here is an actual diy how-to for the project.)

Ombre Embroidery Sampler.

Fabric in embroidery hoops. (I'm on an embroidery kick.)

Owl print from Etsy. (I'm a doer, not a buyer, so I want to make one of these on our own. Sorry, girl from Etsy, for stealing your idea and not paying you money for it.)

Owlphabet print from Etsy. (Once again, I want to be a copy cat on this one.)

Element Monogram. (Not sure why it's called that. Just a fancy name for "button initial.")

Quotes on Canvas.

Growing Animals.

Pennants. I don't think Julie loves pennants like I love pennants, but it's worth a shout out.

...ohhh the possibilities. I can't wait! It's going to be a great weekend. And no worries, I'm sure a before and after post of the room will be following soon...

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Great ideas....wish I had a baby room to do. Have fun

Jessie said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait to see how it turns out. And if I weren't forbidden to travel past 35 wks I'd be tempted to make the 6 hr trek to OKC to see you. Also, I love that button letter more than the others I sent you.