Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Try-It Tuesday: Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken (and Iced Coffee!)

I've got a thing for meals with rice. I don't even really love rice all that much on its own. But rice with chicken-y, spicy goodness... it's glorious. So, this week I gave my family two choices for Try-It Tuesday: Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken or Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken. Both sounded good to me, and sometimes I just want someone else to decide, so my brother Joel helped and the peanut chicken won out.

Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken.

It was good! It was cooked in a slow cooker, so I did pretty much all the preparation last night, so that was easy. (I leave for work at the crack of dawn everyday though (6:00 am), so my mom started it when she left for the day a few hours later. Thanks, Momma!) The chicken was nice and tender. The taste of the juice/marinade/whatever you want to call it was pretty well-rounded. It wasn't spicy at all so I think that part needs to be taken out of the name of the recipe. The verdict? My mom said, "I love this!" but my mom is my biggest fan, and says that every week, so you can take her compliments for whatever they're worth. I liked it, but kept on wanting it to be this (Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, probably my favorite recipe.) I'd say it was still a do-over though.

If you like easy. And chicken. And Thai-like meals. This is the recipe for you.

P.S. I tried this recipe for Mason Jar Iced Coffee last night. It was amazing! Coffee. Brown sugar. Cinnamon. Where can you go wrong?
(My before picture. Coffee. Brown sugar. Cinnamon. Mason Jar.)
(Their after picture. SO good.)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Maybe you can try to make the Chicken Satay into a crockpot meal. Also, does the mason jar just make one serving of iced coffee?

Aunt Georgie said...

Hey Abby! I made the iced coffee and it was great. Thanks for supplying awesome recipes and the stories behind them! Love you!