Monday, January 20, 2014

A Fresh Start… yet again.


It's that time of year… You know, that time when I start eating right again? Normally it's closer to the beginning of the year, but I just wasn't quite ready for it yet. I found myself eating anything and everything the last few weeks because I knew the time was coming when I needed to get back on track.

Today was that day.

I had good intentions… then my co-worker invited me to go to Oklahoma Joe's for lunch. Oklahoma Joe's. The best BBQ in Kansas City. And Kansas City has the best BBQ in the world (…you can connect the dots.) I couldn't turn her down and thought to myself, "Welp, there goes the first day of my diet…" But that's not true. And if I look at food as an all or nothing thing, I'm never going to last. So I had a light breakfast, didn't go too crazy at lunch, and I made Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili for dinner accompanied by none other than… fruit. (You can tell by the picture above how happy I was about it.)

So here's to a fresh start of eating healthy! We'll consider above to be the "before" picture and see how well I do. And yes… prepare yourself for some "healthy" recipe posts in the near future. Gotta make this eating healthy thing fun somehow, right?

1 comment:

Momms said...

Good for you for eating healthy! But what I really want to know is...How many tries did it take for you to get those cute photos of yourself?