Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chipotle Rehearsal Dinner.


My cousin Brad and my dear roommate Kathryn got married this past weekend. It was a wonderful weekend and a beautiful wedding. With my cousin being the groom, that meant that he (aka his parents) were in charge of the rehearsal dinner. My aunt knows that I love to help with things like that so she enlisted my help in the planning and carrying out of the rehearsal dinner.

They served Chipotle for the meal. Yes - I know you wish you were friends/family with people cool enough to have Chipotle cater their rehearsal dinner. It was quite the hit! We went with the Mexican theme for our decorations. I took some inspiration from none other than Pinterest and had the intent to keep the spending to the minimum. We came up with some ideas on how to make the space fun and Mexican-y while still keeping it minimalist and simple.



I asked my aunt how much she spent on the decorations (including plates, napkins, etc.) and she thinks it was somewhere around $75. Not bad, eh? Here is my inspiration and here is how we carried it out…



Lime name cards. Here is the inspiration and here is how ours turned out…




Tissue paper tassels have kind of been my thing lately. Here's how we used ours…





 Continuing with the tissue paper theme we made some tissue paper flowers for centerpieces.





And my aunt had the best idea ever of creating a cookie bar for dessert so we went with that idea and it turned out wonderfully!


The food and decorations were a hit. And more importantly it was a special night celebrating Brad and Kathryn… Ole! (Ok, that's cheesy, I just didn't know how else to end it. Adios?)

4 comments:

Aunt Georgie said...

Abby you were instrumental in the success of this rehearsal dinner! Thank you for your guidance, creativity, patience and help. You were wonderful!

Aunt Georgie said...

BTW, to all your blog readers, and especially to your momma Norma, I want to give credit for the cookie bar idea to Norma. She is the one that said something like "Homemade cookies. People would love that! And your sisters would be more than willing to make some." And the idea was born! Thank you, Norma, for being creative when creative was needed. Love you!

Jessie said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

Good to know about this wedding rehearsal evening. Few months ago, arranged my friend’s wedding rehearsal brunch at one of the best San Francisco venues. His friends helped a lot in arranging wedding in a grand and memorable way!