Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fall in love...


This could be my life motto. (In fact… I have a random blank canvas in my trunk (you'd be surprised the things you can find back there…) and next time I hankering to paint, and I think this weekend I shall paint this on it.) This is pretty much the epitome of this blog. Originally, I wrote simply about things I loved... I suppose the blog's evolved a bit. It had to or you would have gotten sick after the 50th post on how much I love benches, trees, the color mustard, and pumpkin things. So now I blog about life, cooking, creations, etc. But I just the idea above and encourage you to do what it's encouraging you to do: fall in love with as many things as possible. Sure, this world is broken and messed up, but there is still a ton of beauty in it. Beauty worth falling in love with. So do it.

This week here are some things I've fallen in love with (or have always been in love with just had a renewed sense of love, maybe?):

-Empanadas. Fact, I went to On the Border twice last week and ordered the exact same thing (I told you I was eating everything in sight leading up to this diet.)

-This mug. I got it at Anthropologie on sale a few weeks ago. I've started collecting mugs. Because I have also fallen in love with…

-This idea. I'm hoping once my cousin Brad (or my friend Hudson) become expert wood workers, one of them will make this for me. Fingers crossed.

-Emma. You know I love me some Jane Austen. My friend Jessie pointed out that this is streaming on Amazon Prime. Love it.

-Space heaters. For a girl who is always cold… This was one of the best investments I've ever made.

-Midwest weather. Yeah, it's crazy unpredictable. But sometimes that works out in your favorite and you have a couple of 50 degree days in January.

-Making vegan things that actually taste good. A friend of mine is vegan, and this has become a mission of mine. That Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili that I made last night is vegan. Next up - baked goods.

I think that's a good enough list for now… Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Abby! That mug wall could actually be a reality maybe, b/c I have that same thing posted on my DIY pin board for hud to make :) We'll let him practice on ours before he makes you one! As always, love your blog & happy thoughts! Love ya friend.