Monday, January 6, 2014

Man-It's-Been-A-Long-Time Monday!


Man, it's been a long time since I've cooked a meal at home… I honestly don't remember the last time. Today I went to the grocery store and actually bought fruits and vegetables and things to make a legit meal. I don't remember the last time I did that... I don't know where all the time went over these last couple of months… But goodness am I glad to get some of it back!

Tonight I made Gimme Some Oven's Skinny Orange Chicken. I don't really know how she can call it skinny, because it has a 1/2 cup of honey in it… But I suppose it is skinnier than most orange chicken recipes. But… Oh. my. gosh. y'all… This was one of my favorite recipes I have ever made. The ingredient list isn't too out there. Don't be scared away by things like rice wine vinegar (I'm talking to you, Katie) - it's only 2 or 3 dollars are the grocery store and you will use it again if you do any kind of Asian cooking. And I whipped this up pretty quickly! And did I mention it was delicious?

A few alterations that I made:
-I didn't include sesame seeds because they aren't really necessary
-I didn't include green onions because I forgot them (although I think they'd be a nice addition)
-I didn't serve it over quinoa because I think quinoa is nasty (I opted for some jasmine rice)

Make this recipe. I'm telling you. You'll thank me. And you can invite your friends over and they will be way impressed with this delicious, Asian meal that you made them. You'll look awesome. I'm telling you…


So, I may have gone a little overboard and also made myself a little dessert. A Peanut Butter Banana Quesadilla! I tried to use the peanut butter and chocolate chips sparingly so that it was semi-healthy. (I said semi…) It was delicious as well. It would be good as breakfast, snack, dessert… You name it.

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Valeria said...

All of this looks delicious! I'll have to try that orange chicken soon. I "invested" in Asian cooking ingredients last year and am so happy I did!