Sunday, July 5, 2009

Condensation... really?

"It isn't the great big pleasures that count the most; it's making a great deal out of the little ones."
Jean Webster, Daddy-Long-Legs
This quote was in August's Real Simple magazine. I liked it because I feel like it pretty much sums up my blog and my life.

Tonight I went to Starbucks to read on the patio. I was greeted by an incredibly nice barrista, got myself a Passion Tea Lemonade (or something like that), escaped in music with my iPod, soaked up the beautiful weather, and read. It was perfect. All of a sudden I was looking at my cup and found the condensation beautiful. I know, you may be thinking, "Man, it doesn't take much for Abby to find something to be beautiful. What are her standards?" It's true... it doesn't take much for me, but I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, I took some pictures and figured my little insight about condensation went well with this quote, so I went for it...

2 comments:

Sarah Nabholz said...

I've said this a million times, but posts like this are what I love most about your blog! Next time my mom yells at me for leaving condensation rings on the furniture, I will just tell her they are the footprints of something beautiful :)

Jessie said...

Great quote. I think it suits me too. I love seeing turtles sunning themselves on logs.