Friday, July 10, 2009

Dance Sequences!

Tonight I got to see a sneak preview of the movie "500 Days of Summer" with Joel. It was a good movie. I would say I liked the production of the movie: the music, the wardrobe, the setting, the cinematography (I can actually say that because I took a cinematography class at MU, therefore, I know... ha, kind of, I got a B) more than the actual plot. The plot was pretty good but not amazing. I guess overall I would say my eyes enjoyed watching the movie more than my heart did.

Anyway, this movie had a random dance sequence in it, and I loved it. Which got me thinking about how I love when movies put random dances in scenes that they don't necessarily belong. Some of the movies that I thought of with some fun dance sequences:

-500 Days of Summer (duh...)
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Enchanted
-Napoleon Dynamite
-She's All That
-13 Going On 30

If I ever make a movie, you better believe there will be some type of dance sequence in it. Some people may find them dumb, but overall, I think they create more smiles than not, so I say they're great.

Here's the 13 Going On 30 dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller. This is probably my least favorite of all the dance sequences that I mentioned above, but it's the only one I could find on YouTube. It's still fun... so enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love that movie and random dance sequences too. It's on sale right now at Target for $5 I think and I'm so tempted to buy it.