Thursday, July 16, 2009

High Schoolers...

This week I helped out with our youth group church camp. The kids split up in three groups and each group got $500 a day to go out and be generous and bless people in Kansas City in whatever way the group wanted. It was a really cool thing. Generosity is for sure not one of my gifts, so it was really neat for me to see the cool things that happen when people are generous.

It was interesting being around high schoolers, as well. I know I spent all last summer interning with a youth group so I should be used to it, but there was something different about this group. It made me realize that there are some things I really do and don't miss about high school.

Things I Don't Miss:
-Drama
-Flirting
-Doing whatever is necessary to get attention

Things I Do Miss:
-Being able to be silly and chat about silly things like Zac Efron
-Doing fun things as a group like making bracelets (like the ones I made above)
-Having sleepovers
-Believing you can realistically change the world

It was a great week. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

No comments: