Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Ozarks.

My family went to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend with our good friends the Wilts. Now, I know I've written about the lake before, but this weekend was so perfect that I had to write about it again.

Friday night we got there in time to swim before the sun went down. Because it had been cloudy most of the day, but cleared just in time for the sun to set, it made for a pretty beautiful evening. Saturday the sun was out all day so we spend lots of time outside. We had tons of good times swimming, jet skiing, boating, tubing, eating, playing games, etc. Today it rained in the morning but we managed to fit in some skiing before we had to leave this afternoon.

I would say one of my highlights was just being on the boat. I love boats. I love the wind and the waves. I love how peaceful everything gets when you just sit there and ride and enjoy the feeling of it all. I also love how much fun can be had with a boat, as well. Tubing and skiing is so much fun. My mom said she loved watching people tube because their smiles are so genuine and I completely agree.

It was just a quality weekend full of good community and fun times.

(The sunset that greeted us on Friday night
and Megan and I headed out for a jet ski ride.)

No comments: