Monday, July 20, 2009

I (heart) New York

I went to New York this weekend to visit my roommate/friend (what word did we decide best describes our friendship?) Valeria with my other roommate/friend Sarah. It was a fantastic weekend. I spent way too much money and ate way too much food but it was awesome.

I'm sure I will write more later but here are a few of my random observations and thoughts about New York.

-They don't give you refills on Diet Coke but they always give you a lemon.
-I don't like Times Square or anything touristy... but I love little neighborhoods like Chelsea (pictured above).
-Peoples' fuses are shorter there. I'm glad I grew up in the Midwest so my temper isn't quite as intense.
-Speaking of the Midwest, everyone thinks it's lame there, except for a really nice guy with a dog named Simba that we met in Central Park.
-Speaking of parks, even though New York is full of buildings and streets and insanity, it has some of the greatest parks I've ever experienced (my favorites were Bryant and Central).
-I have no idea how they find space and time to film so many movies there... it's kind of chaos.
-I have never been to a city older than New York: the architecture and history (although I didn't experience much of it, which was just fine with me) was amazing.
-I want to go back. Three days wasn't enough, although I suppose it was because I almost cleared out my checking account.

What a great weekend... more to come though. I feel like one blog post doesn't do it justice.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Oh my gosh, I heart NYC something fierce. You're right, 3 days is not enough. I wish I could live there for a month or so just to experience it...then I'd want to move back to where I belong :)