Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Traveling...

While in New York, Valeria proposed the question, "So now that you've been to New York, where is the next place you want to travel?" That's a good question... I have no idea.

That got me thinking about how many places I've been. Pretty much every summer since I can remember my parents have taken us on a vacation. I haven't really been out of the United States other than the Dominican Republic and Mexico, but in the continental U.S. I have been places and seen things that a lot of people have never experienced. I think I took this for granted until I realized that it isn't common and I'm extremely blessed. My appreciation also grew after taking a vacation of my own and realizing how expensive it is... :) So anyway, thanks Mom and Dad: for valuing the art of travel enough to make it work for a big family of 6. I am so thankful for the places I've been and the things I've seen.

So back to Valeria's question... where to next? In the States, I still haven't really gone northeast or northwest: I haven't seen D.C. or anything up there and I hear from some really cool people that Portland is the place to be, so maybe I'll go there. Of course, there's Europe, and Africa, and South America... Oh, the places I will (or at least hope to) go....

(Below are pictures from some of the trips I've taken in the past 3 years.)


Pigeon Forge, TN///San Diego, CA
Estes Park, CO///Chicago, IL

Las Vegas, NV///Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

St. Simons Island, GA///Croc, Mexico

Anna Maria Island, FL///Shreveport, LA

1 comment:

Whit said...

Those are some gorgeous pics, Abby! WOW! I want to travel all over the world too, but after seeing your pictures of places here in the US, why go anywhere else?? So cool!