Saturday, September 19, 2009

A friend...

Today I had my first ever plans with a friend to just get together and bake. It was with my new friend Whitney and it was fantastic. We made some mocha cupcakes. They were goooood. And it was tons of fun. We ended up baking together for 4 hours (that's a long time...) because we made the cupcakes first and then I made a birthday cake for my friend Sarah.

The cake for Sarah was an interesting one... I asked her what her dream cake would be and she said something to do with Oreos. There are not many Oreo cake recipes that don't involve ice cream so I had to wing it. I made devil's food cake with white almond frosting (Sarah love's almond...) and Oreos mixed into the middle layer and sprinkled on the tops and sides. I was pretty happy with it in the end. There is a picture above (Thanks to my aunt Charlotte who bought me the piping bags and tips that I finally had an excuse to use. It was so fun!)

Anyway, it was so fun baking with someone else today. We talked about music, school, family, the future not to mention a lot of talk about baking. It was such a great time... I love baking, but I think I love baking with people even more.
Whitney looking at how we accidentally
made way too much frosting...

2 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

Nice job using your tips and bags. You can take over our old cake business.

Jessie said...

The cake looks great and super yummy. I love almond too just in case you want to bake me a cake.