Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mistake turned Success!

I'm a big fan of journaling. I don't do it as often as I'd like, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I only have two pages left in my current journal which means I had the fun task of buying a new one. I love new journals. I get a renewed excitement to write when I buy a new journal. I always want to think of something profound to write on the first page but everything I come up with is always cheesey like, well, no, anything I can think of is too cheesey to publish so you can just imagine...

Anyway, I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday to buy a new journal and I didn't find anything quite right. I lot of them had qualities that I liked but nothing was perfect. So I decided to buy a blank canvas, in this case, a Moleskine (my favorite) and design my own.

Surprise, surprise... it has a tree but it's a little different than something I would normally do. I messed up pretty hard core in one part but the mistake turned into the pattern which I ended up liking. So anyway... hurray for new journals and mistakes that turn into creativity.
(The back)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

HA! Before I finished reading I thought, "how cool..Abby found the perfect journal for her with a tree." Even cooler that you made it.