Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Music is home.

Last night I made the oh too familiar drive from Kansas City to Columbia. I go home about two times a month so I could probably make that trip with my eyes closed. I've been asked before if I get tired of driving I-70 so much. A lot of people hate it actually... but I love the drive.

I've mentioned before that it's hard for me to transition from life in Kansas City to life in Columbia and back again. When I arrive to my destination I am always happy to be with the people I'm with, but the getting there is always difficult. I know I've said this before, but I continue to be thankful that I have two places to call home. Some people don't even have one.

Anyway, last night was a great drive like many others. I turned my iPod up and got lost in the music. Some days I'll be in a thoughtful mood and listen to some instrumental (like Balmorhea, which I've mentioned oh so many times because they're great!) Some days I'll be in the mood to sing at the top of my lungs so I'll listen to my favorites (like my favorite band ever, Mute Math.) Some days I'll take the time to listen to something I've never listened to (like last night, I listened and fell in love with A Fine Frenzy.) Last night's drive consisted of: Taylor Swift, Balmorhea, The Glorious Unseen, Balomorhea, A Fine Frenzy, and Mute Math. It was great!

I love the drive because I love the music that accompanies the drive. The transition from life to life is hard, but the music makes it bearable. It's one of the constants between the two. No matter where I am, I will always love music and it will always be home.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm sorry but Balmorhea makes me this of diarrhea. he he. Probably if I check them out, I won't think that anymore.

abby! said...

Yeah... I thought that too, then I looked up how the pronounce it the other day and it said you say it like bal-more-ay, and I'm sure after you listen to it you wouldn't think of diarrhea anyway.

And even if it did remind you of diarrhea, what's the big deal? Everyone has it sometime or another... :)

Cindy said...

Love this picture...hope you were stopped!