Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pride & Prejudice

I have always said that The Sound of Music was my favorite movie... but I think it may have been surpassed by Pride & Prejudice. I have always loved Pride & Prejudice, but I was thinking today and the fact that it is prettier to look out, isn't 3 hours long, and doesn't include Nazis makes it take the cake.

Here is what I love about this movie:
-The cinematography is beautiful. The use of light in this movie is incredible. The majority of the movie looks like it is shot as the sun is setting (aka my favorite time of day.)
-The soundtrack is spectacular. I am automatically put in a better mood upon hearing it.
-The way they communicate things is awesome. Like in the scene below where they are in a fight, nowadays movies would use cuss words and insults, but this movie is intense and effective without the vulgarity.
-There is little PDA yet a lot of passion. It's rated PG and manages to convey one of the most passionate love stories ever with a single kiss... so great!

Alright, well, I suppose that's it. My favorite movie is now Pride & Prejudice.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love this movie too. Have you seen the other version with Colin Firth. He's a favorite of mine so I like that version as well.