Tuesday, September 15, 2009

El otoño: mi estación preferida

Fall is my favorite season. It's not quite here yet, but I am beginning to see some signs of it and it's got me excited. Here are some things that I love about it:

-Pumpkin Spice lattes
-Changing leaves/leavings fall on the ground
-Football (even though I don't like football that much, I love the idea of it... strangely)
-Halloween
-Thanksgiving
-The perfect, cool weather
-The return of scarves and hats (you know how I love scarves)
-Candy corn
-Apple cider
-Pumpkins (and carving them when it's time)
-The abounding presence of red, orange, yellow, and brown
-The beginning of Christmas music the day after Halloween (although I've already started...)

Let's think of this post as a possible outline. These are my major points and I may choose to come back and expand on these things later in the fall. Luckily the season lasts three months so I will have a lot of time to enjoy it and blog about it and pass it on to you. Exactly a week from today the glorious season begins... Get excited!

(As I'm writing this I remembered that my lovely friend Colleen wrote a similar list last year. I suppose I'm a bit of a copier, but it's true that we both love fall so it makes sense that we both would make our love public, to the blog world at least. Anyway, here is her list if you want to check it out.)

No comments: